So many individuals struggle with the idea of seeking help within rehabilitation centres Cape Town, finding the idea of inpatient treatment to be daunting and anxiety provoking. This article will help you understand the benefit of having an inpatient admission to rehabilitation centres in Cape Town as opposed to having an outpatient therapeutic process. This article will also guide you in understanding how an inpatient treatment program can help you become the best version of yourself.
What is inpatient treatment?
Making the life-changing decision to alter your relationship with drugs or alcohol is an important first step to living a healthy life in recovery. The step to recovery is, however, a process. One that is driven by that all important first choice of which programme to follow. This is where the different types of treatment programmes play an essential role, in addition to choosing the one that works for you.
The various types of treatments include a detox programme, individual therapy, group counselling, and outpatient and inpatient admissions, to name but a few. Depending on the individual needs of the client, a team of professionals will help you determine which therapeutic approach would be best suited to your individual needs.
Inpatient treatment, while equally focused on providing support and rehabilitation as any other approach, provides an intensive, residential treatment programme. Inpatient treatment in rehabilitation centres Cape Town are designed to support you holistically, providing a safe environment in which to deconstruct your current struggles while working on finding healthier coping strategies in a community environment.
An inpatient treatment programme from rehabilitation centres Cape Town can provide you or a loved one with the opportunity to work on themselves within a supportive structure, which can prove vitally important when facing the all-important road to recovery. Inpatient programmes in rehabilitation centres Cape Town requires you to book yourself into a structured environment, such as the various rehabilitation centres available in Cape Town.
Once admitted, you will be required to commit to staying within the facility 24-hours a day for emotional, medical and psychological support. This measure is employed to ensure that every individual is completely focused on their own journey, away from the possible distractions posed by everyday life. This also means that you have a daily schedule that has been carefully structured by the resident psychiatrists, psychologists, and counsellors, which have been specifically chosen to meet your individual needs while exploring your struggles in a safe and structured environment.
A typical inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town will include daily individual sessions with your psychologist or counsellor, group therapy sessions with other like-minded individuals, a balanced meal plan, physical exercise measured to the individual, and a social setting in which to practice new coping strategies. Generally, a typical inpatient programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town can be anywhere from 21 days to three months.
What makes inpatient admissions possibly daunting?
When deciding on whether or not to enter into an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town, you may be feeling unsure and anxious. These feelings, as well as the accompanying questions or concerns, are completely normal.
For an extended period of time in history, admitting oneself into an inpatient programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town has been coloured with stigma and various misconceptions. Many have a false perception of what an inpatient treatment programme looks and feels like. These false perceptions are the result of fear driven misconceptions and the stigma that comes from asking for help, especially within the mental health sector. All of these misunderstandings could keep you from receiving the necessary help.
The truth is that people not only struggle with admitting that they have a problem, they also struggle with accepting the help that they need. Asking for and accepting help requires you to offer up a certain measure of control, which is often uncomfortable for many people. In rehabilitation centres Cape Town, the professional team requires prospective clients to engage with the programme completely, letting go of their defence mechanisms, knowing that the team has their best interests in mind at all times.
Subsequently, despite what you may believe about inpatient treatment programmes, take a leap of faith and know that there is a safe and welcoming environment with a team of caring professionals who are all waiting to catch you and help you back onto your feet.
How do I know inpatient treatment is for me?
Simply put, an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town provides you with a safe and supportive environment that you would not have should you choose another approach, such as an outpatient treatment programme. Should you wish to work on yourself in an environment that caters to the individual’s needs, in addition to providing a safe community-like setting in which to receive support, then an inpatient treatment programme is definitely for you.
An inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres additionally knows the importance of the involvement of the family in the healing process. This means that in addition to a specifically tailored individual programme, you will also have sessions with your family. This dualistic approach is employed because social and familial support plays a vital part in a successful recovery.
Things to consider about outpatient treatment
The following are some important aspects to think on when considering an outpatient treatment programme:
- Whilst undergoing treatment you will need to return to your home environment every day, an environment which may be part of the problem.
- You will need to create a supportive environment for yourself which will be vitally important. This may however be difficult to implement as your family may not understand or be supportive or the change you may need.
- Other times, your family’s concern may drive you to need a space away from them where you can focus on yourself. This is not necessarily available when having an outpatient treatment programme.
- Often when deconstructing the root of the problem, you may experience the need to engage in old patterns of thinking and behaving. This is part of a defence mechanism that protects the individual from the pain they have been holding inside. Without the necessary supportive space, this may prove overwhelming when going home.
- You may struggle with urges such as cravings when struggling with a substance use disorder.
- Showing up for sessions will need continuous internal motivation, which may prove difficult when you struggle with anxiety, low motivation, procrastination, and a fear of the unknown.
- You will have a lack of 24-hour care, and have easier access to substances, which may prove detrimental to your recovery process.
Things to consider about inpatient treatment
The following are some important considerations regarding the benefit of an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town:
- Whilst both outpatient and inpatient treatment programmes are designed to provide you with support and prepare you for a life in recovery, an inpatient treatment programme provides a more intensive programme in a safe and supportive environment.
- An inpatient treatment programme provides you with a sober environment, free of the stressors from everyday life.
- An inpatient treatment programme provides you with a structured programme that focuses on all aspects needed to live a life in recovery, including social, financial and psychological factors.
- In an inpatient treatment programme, you are always provided with support from caring staff members, which often helps with anxiety and a sense of uncertainty.
- Medical attention will be available 24 hours a day, which is especially important when needing a detox or when taking prescribed psychiatric medication.
- You are included in a community of like-minded individuals who can provide support to each other.
- An inpatient treatment programme provides 24-hour monitoring for instances where withdrawal would be a concern, which is especially important for individuals struggling with severe substance use disorders.
- Co-occurring conditions, such as psychiatric disorders and substance use disorders, are better treated in an inpatient setting, such as a dual diagnosis facility, such as Rustenburg Addiction Care, where both aspects can be monitored.
- In an inpatient treatment programme, you will have group sessions in which you can share your struggles and receive valuable and constructive feedback from your peers.
- You will have a reduced exposure to outside triggers until such a time that you can face these triggers with a healthier mind-set.
- In an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town, you will be provided with a balanced meal plan, as well as a structured physical exercise routine catered to each individual’s abilities.
- An inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town provides you with a higher likelihood of a successful recovery process
So despite the possible drawback of an admission to an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town, which for some individuals could include aspects such as limited access to the outside world, possibly needing to take some time off from work, home, or studies/ responsibilities, and needing to trust the professional, it may be the best decision you ever make. With an inpatient admission to a treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town, your journey to recovery could be one step away.
When making the all-important decision to get help, whether for emotional struggles or for struggles with substances or other addictive behaviours, the choice of treatment programme will be vitally important. This is not a decision to take lightly. Thus, it is important to weigh up the aspects of each programme and make a decision as to which programme will fit your individual needs.
Subsequently, it is essential to keep the following factors in mind when deciding on whether or not to commit to admission to an inpatient treatment programme in rehabilitation centres Cape Town. Understanding the following factors and how these factors may affect your treatment can help you make the best decision for yourself:
- Are you exposed to stress, triggers, drugs or alcohol in your environment?
- Is your home environment stable and supportive of sobriety and/or your recovery process?
- Do you have family members who engage in unhealthy behaviours, drink or use drugs around you?
- Can you take a temporary leave of absence from your employment, studies, or home duties for a specified period of time?
- Do you have a strong support network that will help motivate you to stay committed to your process and/or stay sober?
- Is a dual diagnosis facility, such as Rustenburg Clinic, possibly a safer option for you? This means that you may have co-occurring struggles, such other medical or mental health issues in addition to a possible substance use disorder that may require specialized treatment.
With the help of an inpatient treatment programme, recovery can be one step away!
When needing a supportive environment in which to deconstruct your struggles, whilst working towards recovery, an inpatient treatment programme can provide you with what you need. Your dedicated clinical team, along with approaches such as the 12-step programme, can help you rebuild yourself to who you want to be. So trust the process and take a risk. Take the first step today.
Comments are closed.